I missed hearing late night DJs tell stories and play music. So I did it myself.
This is my podcast, but really it’s a late night radio show.
Half talking, half music, always with a theme.
Bedtime stories and lullabies for people who never sleep
It’s Late with Taffeta V
I hope you’ll listen to this one first – it kind of a test episode, and is an introduction to the whole idea of LATE.
Listen up for a stories about sleeplessness and the hottest apartment ever, songs by Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds, the Go Gos, Ella Fitzgerald (and more), and the true horror story of The Rabbit Lady, Mary Toft.
- You Can’t Walk In Your Sleep – the Go-Gos
- Up All Night – the Boomtown Rats
- Behind the Wall of Sleep – the Smithereens
- When You Sleep – my bloody valentine
- Both Ends Burning – Roxy Music
- Sleep Comes Down – the Psychedelic Furs
- Sleep to Dream – Fiona Apple
- Come Into My Sleep – Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds
- Can’t Do a Thing – Chris Isaak
- In the Wee Small Hours of the Morning – Ella Fitzgerald
- One For My Baby – Billie Holiday
Books: Ray Bradbury’s Something Wicked This Way Comes, Animal Dreams by Barbara Kingsolver, Iain Reid’s I’m Thinking of Ending Things, Motherless Brooklyn by Johnathan Lethem, A Cabinet of Medical Curiosities by Jan Bondeson
Movies/TV: I talked about and/or played clips from Play Misty for Me, The Warriors, The Fog, Northern Exposure, Pump Up the Volume, Times Square, Rocky Horror, USA Up All Night, Night Flight,